- Waheed Mirza and Mansoor Akhtar put on world record 561* runs for the first wicket.This is the highest opening wicket stand in first class cricket.
- First international match to be called off due to bad pitch. India vs Sri Lanka, Indore 1997. The captain agreed to play an exhibition match which Lankans eventually won by 2 runs.
- Highest tenth wicket stand in FC cricket,307 runs partnership (254 runs on 25th remaining on 26th) between New South Wales pair of A Kippax (260*) and J Hooker (62) in Sheffield Shield 1928/29 against Victoria at MCG.
- Don Bradman first ball duck against Victoria.
- Mohammad Hafeez unbeaten113 is the highest ODI score made on Christmas Day and test record is held by Pakistani batsman Mudassar Nazar. Mudassar Nazar scored 119 runs against arch rival Indians in the 1982 Karachi test.
- Navjot Singh Sidhu scored an unbeaten 104 against Bangladesh in the Chandigarh ODI.
- Saeed Ajmal 4 for 39 is best ODI bowling performance.
- In the Bowling department, Kapil Dev, Imran Khan (official), Sikander Bakht, Ashley Mallett, Graeme Cremer, and Abid Ali scalped five wickets.
- Birth of Clarrie Grimmett, Marcus Trescothick, Alastair Cook, Simon Jones, Hedley Howarth, Tapash Baisya
- ODI debut:
- 1990 Saradindu Mukherjee
- 2013: Priyanjan and Vithanage .
- 2015 : Yamin Ahmadzai
- No test debut: Nevertheless, Tony Lewis, Ramnath Patkar, Sammy Guillen, and others debut test did include Christmas Day.
ODI Match played:
- 1990: India vs Bangladesh Cricket: The Tigers India
- 1993:Zimbabwe Cricket Team vs Pakistan at Rawalpindi, Pakistan
- 1997:India vs Sri Lanka Cricket at Indore, India
- 2013: Sri Lanka vs Pakistan 2013 at Abu Dhabi
- 2015: Afghanistan v Zimbabwe at Sharjah
Some Test Cricket played on Christmas Day:
- 1951:Third and final day of Adelaide, South Australia test between Windies Cricket and Australia. West Indies won the Adelaide test by 6 wkts
- 1967: Second day of Adelaide test between Indian Cricket Team and Australia.
- 1969:Second day of Madras ( Chennai )test between India and Australian Cricket Team.
- 1972:Final day of Delhi, India test between India and England Cricket.
- 1979:First day of Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh test between India and Pakistan Cricket Team.
- 1982: Third Day of India vs Pakistan, Karachi, Pakistan Test
Merry Christmas to all— Pushkar Pushp (@ppushp7) December 24, 2021
Alastair Cook is last test cricketer to be born on #Christmas #CricketTwitter #Ashes pic.twitter.com/rMGnN3CQaB